Naturally Colored Macarons
Is there anything more charming than macarons? Yes, naturally colored macarons! Chefmaster® has all the colors of the rainbow in Natural Liqua-gel® food colors, so regardless of the occasion you can have macaroons that fit any theme. We know what you’re thinking – Do I really need an occasion to enjoy macarons? No, enjoy these lovely little treats any time!
What you’ll need:
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- Chefmaster® Natural Liqua-gel® food color (any color you desire)
- Silicone macaron baking mat
- Place silicone macaron baking mat onto cookie sheet.
- Add egg whites to mixing bowl and beat with stand mixer until whites are foamy. Beat in white sugar and continue to mix until whites are glossy and fluffy. You want the egg whites to hold soft peaks.
- Add a drop of Chefmaster® Natural Liqua-gel® food color and mix until color is blended. Continue to add single drops of color until desired shade is reached.
- Fold powdered sugar and almond flour into egg white mixture. This can be done by hand with a large spoon or spatula. About 30 strokes.
- Place mixture into piping bag. Pipe the batter onto the silicone baking sheet so the disk space is covered.
- Once the baking sheet is full let piped cookies stand at room temperature until they form a hard skin on top (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 285°F.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes. The cookies should bake but not brown. We suggest keeping a close eye on them as they can burn easily.
- Once cookies have cooled completely take two cookies and sandwich with jelly or cream filling.
- Wow people with your amazing macaron making skills . . . or keep them all for yourself 😉 Enjoy!
Green Beer with Gold Rim
“Want to add a fun seasonal item to help your customers celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Serve Green Beer with in a gold rimmed pint! Skip the diluted green dye at the grocery store and use Chefmaster’s concentrated liqua-gel®. You only need 1 drop per 16 ounces! With that kind of color efficiency just think of how much beer you could dye!
What you’ll need:
- Take empty pint glass and flip it top side down on the parchment paper or baking sheet.
- Shake Chefmaster® Edible Gold Spray and aim the nozzle towards the rim of the glass. Spray rim while turning parchment paper or baking sheet. It’s best to keep the nozzle 2 to 3 inches away from the rim while spraying.
- Let pint glasses dry on the parchment paper and baking sheet without removing or flipping them for about 3 minutes
- Flip right side up and drop in 1 drop of Chefmaster® Liqua-gel® Food Color into the bottom of a glass. If you are using a pitcher you can add 1 drop per every 16 ounces that the pitcher holds.
- Pour in beer. If some color remains at the bottom of the glass or pitcher use a spoon to stir.
- Serve to Irish loving patrons!